Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded image with color fill that I can't change

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've got a conundrum here and I've got a theory about whats going on but I'm looking for some other input here. I have this PDF that was originally created in InDesign. The background is an image and when I select it in Illustrator it tells me it has a pantone fill on it. I can't change the fill in Illustrator--I get an error(see attached screenshot). If I unembed the image, it lets me save it as a PSD and when I open the PSD--the image is grayscale. I'm curious as to if anyone has any idea on how the original fill/color overlay was created?

Capture1.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that what you want was discussed only a couple of days ago in this post…

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10953294

In it I was showing how to colour in InDesign a black and white logo.

chanaart was showing how to colour a grayscale tiff in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Place a .psd in illustrator, than choose a fill that is a color, and not a gradient or pattern.

If this is not working, try making a new .psd form scratch and test fi that works. this way we will know if there with the image or something down to the image in illustrator.

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 9.03.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 9.03.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines