• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Endless problems

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the people who make adobe illustrator ever actually use the program to draw anything? Why do they keep changing things to make it harder or impossible to work? Why do my toolbars keep moving the tools around? Do you know what it's like to have your tools not where they were last time you used them? Now there is a square box with big white anchor points around any group of objects so when you go to grab it it starts changing the aspect ratio, scaling it in one direction or the other and all i wanted to do was move it. Then when you click off you can't it won't deselect! Even with command shift A! It's almost impossible to grab some handles! I have to click on it 8 times and it still won't grab! Why? And dozens more problems I never had in earlier versions. It's not like they are improving the interface. They're putting in more steps and adding in things that block you from doing simple operations. When you move a menu you can't just move it you have to detach it from the group of menus and then it leaves a blank gray space where the menu was for a second or two! How does that help you? the menus are always in the way and they are so hard to move or find them when you need them. The font selection thing in the toolbar recently changed so it's 3 steps instead of just displaying your current font at the top you have to click "character", then open the font menu which is so big and right in the middle of your screen so you can't see the font in your artwork to see it in context. then you have to back out. This used to be one easy step! Why did you change it to this stupid way? I'm not here to click buttons and work the computer, I'm here to do artwork and it keeps getting harder and harder for no reason! No benefit to changing how I work with every upgrade! And the adobe font menu seems like they are all the same reject fonts, no variety, nothing new ever, You ended your licensing agreement with type foundry and those were all your decent fonts. You can afford to give us some decent fonts with what we pay you now. I have to say this because it is true: Adobe Illustrator is a lousy program that has gotten progressively worse since we started paying monthly. Support staff doesn't know anything they have no artists so they have no idea how artists work or what we need. They brag about a stupid feature like "collaboration" which we could already do. And there are still many commonly used commands that have no shortcut so just to flip type on a path you need to pull down two menus and click a button. I've had it with adobe they are asleep at the wheel. Btw I've been using illustrator since Illustrator 88. I loved every version until this creative cloud nonsense. Why would I store all my clients' proprietary information on a cloud. So adobe owns all my work? No thanks. Nice try adobe.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you would like to try and work through any of these problems it might be best to start with one at a time and post screenshots of what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines