• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ends of pen tool lines intersect in Outline View but do not look like they do in Normal View

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make the bottom left corner of the burgundy shape flush with the top left corner of the tan shape (eg. no corner sticking out). In Outline View, the two intersect, and that is how I want them to look. However, in Normal View as you can see, the burgundy corner sticks out a bit. I am using the same size stroke for both shapes.

I'm wondering if there's a reason for this/way to fix it.Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 11.46.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 11.46.39 AM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Adding a stroke changes the geometry (both size and shape) and the relative positions of the two objects. This change means that something else has to change to make the corners meet again: Move the stroke to the inside (since it's the same color as the fill, it's the same as removing the stroke), or change the size of one or both objects, and move as needed.

Since the fill and stroke are the same color, is it not possible to simply make the object the correct size and shape with just the fill

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding a stroke changes the geometry (both size and shape) and the relative positions of the two objects. This change means that something else has to change to make the corners meet again: Move the stroke to the inside (since it's the same color as the fill, it's the same as removing the stroke), or change the size of one or both objects, and move as needed.

Since the fill and stroke are the same color, is it not possible to simply make the object the correct size and shape with just the fill?

Peter

tromboniator_0-1606964088268.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the suggestions! Removing the stroke gave me the effect that I wanted. Again, thanks so much for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines