Highlighted

Envelope Distortion error

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

Hi, everyone! I feel like I'm about to go a bit mad trying to figure out my problem here. 

I'm using Envelope Distort > make with top object for a project of mine. I used the shape builder to cut out my shapes, and am using a layer underneath of that for my text. As you can see, I got the first piece to merge fine. But when I went to distort my second piece, I got an error "this requires a selection of multiple objects. The top object must be a single path or mesh....." However, both my top layer and my text (underneath) are selected. 

Any help is VERY greatly appreciated! 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Grant H | Adobe Community Professional

That top object is MOST certainly a complex path. Release the complex path delete the little island and try again.

/G

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Envelope Distortion error

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

Hi, everyone! I feel like I'm about to go a bit mad trying to figure out my problem here. 

I'm using Envelope Distort > make with top object for a project of mine. I used the shape builder to cut out my shapes, and am using a layer underneath of that for my text. As you can see, I got the first piece to merge fine. But when I went to distort my second piece, I got an error "this requires a selection of multiple objects. The top object must be a single path or mesh....." However, both my top layer and my text (underneath) are selected. 

Any help is VERY greatly appreciated! 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Grant H | Adobe Community Professional

That top object is MOST certainly a complex path. Release the complex path delete the little island and try again.

/G

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/G

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 1