• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EPS file doesn't show all items in illustrator

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I've seen this issue a couple times and I'mnot sure what it is and/or how to fix it. I downloaded eps vector file. Opened it up in illustrator and it shows me certain art work. But when I close the file and I look at a thumbnail on illustrator's recently opened files it shows me as if there should be more art pieces in it. I can't click "show all". I tried ungrouping objests, I tried to see if they were in clipping mask, but no, neither of those worked. I checked in layers and artboards in case they were not showing, however I don't see any other layers except the ones I already see open. Almost feels like the thumbnail is it's own thing and art in the file doesn't match it completely. Is there a way to fix it? 

screenshots attached*

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Sync and storage , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Am EPS thumbnail does not necessarily reflect its content. The thumbnail is an embedded pixel image. If the file itself has been changed after the thumbnail has been created, then the thumbnail might not change accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dublicated attached files here:

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 1.12.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-26 at 1.11.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 1.11.29 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am EPS thumbnail does not necessarily reflect its content. The thumbnail is an embedded pixel image. If the file itself has been changed after the thumbnail has been created, then the thumbnail might not change accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, then next question ^_^ how do you create a thumbnail that will show up on your illustrator "opened recently" history. I'm trying to find it out right now, but no success so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines