• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

eraser doesnt work

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to use the eraser a part of a picture that I put on top af my work as another layer. I select the layer but then i get this little blok sign next to my eraser and i cant erase anything. I feel like I've tried everyting I've watched milions of tutorials and I'm losing my mind over this 'this is not posible'-sound windows gives me every time I try. In photoshop this is so easy I dont know what I'm doing wrong? someone pease help

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a raster image?

The eraser will only work on vector art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked up how to rasterize my images and i did, but it still doesnt work. I dont know what vector art is? maybe I can try something this that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added them, hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Please share your workflow using screenshots or a small video as asked by Monika earlier for better understanding of your concern.

You may also check out this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/editing-paths.html#erase_artwork) to know how to erase artwork in Illustrator. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_9085.jpgIMG_9086.jpgIMG_9087.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking at raster images there. It's easy in Photoshop because editing raster images is what Photoshop is for. You should continue using Photoshop to edit these images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the problem is that I need to do this in illustrator for school. I tried using photoshop using the esarer and then puting it in illustrator again but then it still becomes a square image and the part were i cut someting out becomes white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Save it in anappropriate file format that supports transparency. And then place it into Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines