• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eraser tool won't engage in Illustrator

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I hit the Eraser tool and select Eraser tool, the Eraser tool does not engage. Instead it shows up with the pencil as the selection and it has a circle and a slash right next to it. It worked as it should just a couple of projects agao. I'm just trying to make a transparent background on a Santa hat. I'm new to Illustrator and I can't find the issue addressed in any of the online education, if you can imagine that. I'm also new to this online community and I would greatly appreciate any tips to help me acheive my goal of putting a Santa hat on Big Foot. Thanks and regards. 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

You first need to license that stock image in order to get a vector version of it. What you have now is a pixel artwork and you cannot use the eraser on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You first need to license that stock image in order to get a vector version of it. What you have now is a pixel artwork and you cannot use the eraser on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monica! It is an image from Adobe Stock and even though it is labeled as an .ai file, it does not have all the editing privileges of AI. 

I appreciate your help🙏🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

What you have downloaded is just the preview.

They only give you the vector file after licensing the image (and paying for it).

I suppose you could also find a vector hat as a free vector stock image. Just search "Free vector clipart" in your favourite search engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines