eraser tool

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i erase a portion of a circle it leaves what appears to be an outline of the eraser.

How do I get rid of this?

Thanks

TOPICS
Tools

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct Answers

Adobe Community Professional , Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020
I'm guessing that what you're getting is A, and that what you want is B. If so, you want paths with no stroke. Select the circle, as at C, outline the stroke (Object > Path > Outline Stroke) and you'll get a group of two filled, unstroked paths that you can erase without the stroke outline following the eraser.   Peter  

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020
If you want just delete a part of the circle path, use Path Eraser Tool (you can find it under the button of Shaper tool) instead of Eraser Tool.

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that what you're getting is A, and that what you want is B. If so, you want paths with no stroke.

tromboniator_0-1607687473699.pngSelect the circle, as at C, outline the stroke (Object > Path > Outline Stroke) and you'll get a group of two filled, unstroked paths that you can erase without the stroke outline following the eraser.

Peter

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want just delete a part of the circle path, use Path Eraser Tool (you can find it under the button of Shaper tool) instead of Eraser Tool.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines