• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1200: an Illustrator error occurred: 1095724867 ('AOoC')

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know what this error code means?

Thanks

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need more information. Have you run the code in ExtendScript Toolkit or VS Code to locate the error? Can you share the code that's giving you this error?

To better answer the question (beyond just googling that error message, which i assume you've done) we would need to know one or more of the following:

• What is happening when the error occurs? In other words, which line of code triggers the error?
  • Are you manipulating pageItems, layers, artboards, documents, swatches, graphic styles, variables?
  • Adding something?
  • Moving something?
  • Removing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot of my debugging session.adobe.png

As you can see I am atttempting to assign an artboardrect. The dimensions of which are 8294.1121,0,9073.52331,-757.52145.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is newRect a function that you've defined yourself? If so, what does it return?

Artboard.artboardRect requires an array. If you're passing in a rectangle object, that's going to give you this error.

Try replacing your newRect() function call with an explicit array. like this:

r = [8294.1121, 0, 9073.52331, -757.52145];

artboard.artboardRect = r;

edit*** i just tried the above with your numbers.. and it doesn'twork. My guess its that x position 8294 is off the left side of the drawing area, or x position 9073 is off the right side of the drawing area, or both.

You can't write a script that draws artwork in a place where you can't draw artwork. Try to manually draw a rectangle with those dimensions and see if you can even do it. I tried to check your math, but i don't know what most of those variables are so when i do the math in my head i just keep getting undefined. 😜

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can confirm, had this error today when cretaing artboard out of bounds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just changed the code so instead of updating the artboardRect, it creates a rectangle. This is what I got.. As you can see, the left edge of the rectangle is starting very near the edge of the canvas. Then it extends for 9000 points to the right. it's possible your x value should be negative instead of positive?

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 10.20.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines