Highlighted

Error 125 while installing Illustrator from Creative Cloud Desktop app on Windows 7

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,  How are you all doing during this pandemic?

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem right now, but I can't seem to get Illustrator CC to update.

I first was not able to update Illustrator CC on my desktop, and after a few tries (even leaving it for a day or two, than retrying) it still came up with an error.  With an attempt to uninstall the file, I proceeded to reinstall Illustrator, and it still failed fatality with the Error Code: 125

As a test, my husband download it onto his system, and he had no problems.  I did my best in reading through all available solutions (none of which seems relatable to what I can see).  All other apps are successfully updating and downloading - Just Illustrator is having this issue.

Is there perhaps someone I can talk with to help me troubleshoot this problem?

Thank you.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. Error 125 has been fixed by our Product team. If you are still getting that error, please restart your system and try again and let us know how it goes.

We have also observed that few users are getting VCruntime140_1.dll error while launching the application.

VCruntime error.png  

This is a windows error which generally occurred due to the missing or corrupt  Visual C++ redistributable files. If you get this error while launching Illustrator, please try the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/vcruntime-error-on-launch.html) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Topics

Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error 125 while installing Illustrator from Creative Cloud Desktop app on Windows 7

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,  How are you all doing during this pandemic?

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem right now, but I can't seem to get Illustrator CC to update.

I first was not able to update Illustrator CC on my desktop, and after a few tries (even leaving it for a day or two, than retrying) it still came up with an error.  With an attempt to uninstall the file, I proceeded to reinstall Illustrator, and it still failed fatality with the Error Code: 125

As a test, my husband download it onto his system, and he had no problems.  I did my best in reading through all available solutions (none of which seems relatable to what I can see).  All other apps are successfully updating and downloading - Just Illustrator is having this issue.

Is there perhaps someone I can talk with to help me troubleshoot this problem?

Thank you.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. Error 125 has been fixed by our Product team. If you are still getting that error, please restart your system and try again and let us know how it goes.

We have also observed that few users are getting VCruntime140_1.dll error while launching the application.

VCruntime error.png  

This is a windows error which generally occurred due to the missing or corrupt  Visual C++ redistributable files. If you get this error while launching Illustrator, please try the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/vcruntime-error-on-launch.html) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Topics

Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LadyRaven,

You may try a full reinstallation:

A) Uninstall (ticking the box to delete the preferences),
B) Run the Cleaner Tool, and
C) Reinstall.

To uninstall:
https://www.adobe.com/search.html#q=uninstall%20illustrator&sort=relevancy&start=1

Cleaner Tool:
http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have the same problem. dont want to reinstall because it is an issue with reachability of adobe server.  a reinstall costs me at least a complete working day - can i adress the bill to adobe? i pay 50€ every month for CC 2020 which also includes free updates for all purchased applications.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into this.  Error 125 is for internet connection, but the other apps updated.  Just Illustrator had this issue.  Also, no logs in any of the locations provided.  Not a thing in any of them related to the update today (20 April 2020).

So, the solution is a complete re-install?  Really? Perhaps I'll just keep using Illustrator without updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here:

Exit Code: 125
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Fatal Error '125' occurred while download
FATAL: Error occurred in install product workflow with error code 125 error message {https://cdn-ffc.oobesaas.adobe.com/core/v2/applications?name=ILST&version=24.1.2&platform=win64&build=24.1.2.408,P:-4,PS:404,G:-4}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LadyRaven, all,

The full reinstallation suggestion was given because there had already been a reinstallation in the O(riginal) P(ost).

The key may be the deletion of preferences mentioned in 1) under uninstallation, but when there is a succesful installation it is possible to use a non destructive replacement of the preferences so you can go back to the old preferences.

You can find the location of the prferences folder here,

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/preference-file-location-illustrator.html

and move it to a suitable place/folder (for easy recognition) while AI is closed down, then start up again and, and if it fails to help you can (again while AI is closed down) delete the newly created folder and move the original folder back.

Or you can wait and see better suggestions here: I will ask an Adobe staff friend to look into this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me since a few days but only on my deskop Win 7 Pro PC. Mac version on 2015 MacBook Pro has updated OK.

Can uninstall/reinstall all PC versions except 24.1.2 using the old CC App interface (new one not avail on Win 7)

Hopefully a complete clean won't be required, but as there don't seem to be a lot of users affected, it could be very specific to just a few systems.

I did use Acronis system cleaner not long before the problem, and although I believe I de-selected anything that had to do with CC, I might have missed something. Is this a common tread?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cant download keep getting update failed and then following through get the below

Exit Code: 125
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Fatal Error '125' occurred while download
FATAL: Error occurred in install product workflow with error code 125 error message {https://cdn-ffc.oobesaas.adobe.com/core/v2/applications?name=ILST&version=24.1.2&platform=win64&buil...}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Renamed by MOD}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Error 125 occurs when there is a problem with internet connectivity or firewall settings as per help article https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html

Please try steps provided on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks... sorry thats not the issue as I installed latest version Photoshop at the same time. any other ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. This issue was reported by a few other users as well and it has been resolved by our Product team. I would request if you could restart your system and try again.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iralphyboy_0-1588298425674.png

now i get the above error after loading, tried twice... what is going on? remember this costs me $800 a year.. I need to use illustrator. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For VMruntime error: please try these steps shared on this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/vcruntime-error-on-launch.html) and let us know how it goes.

Regards!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, yes perfect, thanks for your time in resolving.. Best Ralph.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines