• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 125 while installing Illustrator from Creative Cloud Desktop app on Windows 7

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,  How are you all doing during this pandemic?

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem right now, but I can't seem to get Illustrator CC to update.

I first was not able to update Illustrator CC on my desktop, and after a few tries (even leaving it for a day or two, than retrying) it still came up with an error.  With an attempt to uninstall the file, I proceeded to reinstall Illustrator, and it still failed fatality with the Error Code: 125

As a test, my husband download it onto his system, and he had no problems.  I did my best in reading through all available solutions (none of which seems relatable to what I can see).  All other apps are successfully updating and downloading - Just Illustrator is having this issue.

Is there perhaps someone I can talk with to help me troubleshoot this problem?

Thank you.

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Hi,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. Error 125 has been fixed by our Product team. If you are still getting that error, please restart your system and try again and let us know how it goes.

We have also observed that few users are getting VCruntime140_1.dll error while launching the application.

VCruntime error.png  

This is a windows error which generally occurred due to the missing or corrupt  Visual C++ redistributable files. If you get this error while launching Illustrator, please try the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LadyRaven,

You may try a full reinstallation:

A) Uninstall (ticking the box to delete the preferences),
B) Run the Cleaner Tool, and
C) Reinstall.

To uninstall:
https://www.adobe.com/search.html#q=uninstall%20illustrator&sort=relevancy&start=1

Cleaner Tool:
http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have the same problem. dont want to reinstall because it is an issue with reachability of adobe server.  a reinstall costs me at least a complete working day - can i adress the bill to adobe? i pay 50€ every month for CC 2020 which also includes free updates for all purchased applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into this.  Error 125 is for internet connection, but the other apps updated.  Just Illustrator had this issue.  Also, no logs in any of the locations provided.  Not a thing in any of them related to the update today (20 April 2020).

So, the solution is a complete re-install?  Really? Perhaps I'll just keep using Illustrator without updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here:

Exit Code: 125
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Fatal Error '125' occurred while download
FATAL: Error occurred in install product workflow with error code 125 error message {https://cdn-ffc.oobesaas.adobe.com/core/v2/applications?name=ILST&version=24.1.2&platform=win64&build=24.1.2.408,P:-4,PS:404,G:-4}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LadyRaven, all,

The full reinstallation suggestion was given because there had already been a reinstallation in the O(riginal) P(ost).

The key may be the deletion of preferences mentioned in 1) under uninstallation, but when there is a succesful installation it is possible to use a non destructive replacement of the preferences so you can go back to the old preferences.

You can find the location of the prferences folder here,

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/preference-file-location-illustrator.html

and move it to a suitable place/folder (for easy recognition) while AI is closed down, then start up again and, and if it fails to help you can (again while AI is closed down) delete the newly created folder and move the original folder back.

Or you can wait and see better suggestions here: I will ask an Adobe staff friend to look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me since a few days but only on my deskop Win 7 Pro PC. Mac version on 2015 MacBook Pro has updated OK.

Can uninstall/reinstall all PC versions except 24.1.2 using the old CC App interface (new one not avail on Win 7)

Hopefully a complete clean won't be required, but as there don't seem to be a lot of users affected, it could be very specific to just a few systems.

I did use Acronis system cleaner not long before the problem, and although I believe I de-selected anything that had to do with CC, I might have missed something. Is this a common tread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

"I did use Acronis system cleaner not long before the problem,"

That is completely different and unrelated to the Cleaner Tool.

But since you have things working, I would suggest your simply waiting to see whther an easy (and non destructive) solution turns up here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to mislead. I used Acronis system cleaner function for general windows system cleanup, not to solve this issue, and before the issue occurred. I posted in case others had also done similarly, as a possible root cause of the download error for a small number of users. I'm wondering if the cleaner deleted some file required by the core sync app. My 'hosts' file has no adobe sites listed (as put forward as a pointer to a possible fix) yet other cc apps update ok. Will wait to see if next update works instead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So sorry to hear that you are having trouble. This error is generally caused due to network and connectivity restrictions. I would request that if you could check a few things and share your observations:

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny because I managed to install Photoshop correctly and some other apps are installing fine. Only Illustrator throws an error. Internet connection is working, the test link on Adobe site too, as well as /pong endpoint...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks...I do still have Windows 7.  So yeah, version 24.1.2 is not compadible, but I can still upload version 23.1

Again, thank you all for your comments, and so now the problem is now solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So.  Not a Connectivity error, but a Windows 7 version error?

Is there a Linux Adobe Illustrator version I should consider?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

If you are working on Windows 7, could you please share the exact version and build of the operating system?

• Press Windows Key + R , type winver, and press Enter.
    run com.png
  • Share this screenshot of "About Windows".
    windows 7 version.png

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is exactly the same as your message apart from the username.

Win7_Version_snip_29-4-2020.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EvilBro_winver_20200408.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

winver.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has fixed the Creative Cloud API bug that was preventing the Windows 7 version of the CC app from installing the Illustrator 24.1.2 update. They also deleted my post about the cause of this issue, even though it wasn't spam. Now the Illustrator update can be successfully installed on Windows 7, not just on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben is right. This issue has been resolved by our Product team. I would request if you could restart your system and try again and let us know how it goes.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is worse...

IllustratorUpdateFail_20200430.PNG

At least before I started beta-testing your fix, I had a working program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I roll this update back, so I don't have to reset all my personal settings and swatches like the last time I had an issue like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/vcruntime140-1-dll-error-while-launching-illustrator/td-p...

So, others are having a problem with the Adobe Cloud updater, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this online:

https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-vcruntime140-dll-is-missing-error-on-windows/

However, downloading both the (x86) and (x64) versions and installing them didn't fix the issue, as I suspect Adobe has used or created a specific verion of the 'dll'.  Note the version in my secreencapture image is 'VCRUNTIME140_1.dll', so not the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebooting didn't help.  Still getting the 'VCRUNTIME140_1.dll is missing' error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you installing the latest versions of the distributables, and from the genuine microsoft support site? I don't trust ANY third party driver sites/links/fix-it-alls.

I used the latest (not just 2015) and ended up with this:

c++_versions.JPG

Note, it was only after installing the x86 package and re-starting PC that the new AI version would open (both from CC App and Win Start Menu). A search of my system still does not find the VCRUNTIME140_1.dll but I no longer get the message and the program works.

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines