• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 145 while updating Illustrator. Cannot make changes to the location due to permission errors.

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In trying to simply update Adobe Illustrator and create some cool designs again, it was the only one of the Adobe apps that would not update because of Error Code 145 in which I have repeated files. I tried to accesss these files within my hard drive only to find that I need an 'administrators permission' in order to even change the name of this file as Adobe support has told me to do. Can anyone point me in the right direction as I'm lost.

Thanks

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Is it your personal system or managed by your office IT? If it is managed by your office IT then we might need their help in this. 

If it is your personal system, try creating a new account (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account) with Admin rights and try there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nolan,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Could you please share which operating system you are working on? Does it allow you to make changes if you login to Admin account on your system? Here are the steps to do that:

Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfbMs3w-Z3s&t=53s

Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Srishti, I am on a Windows 10 Desktop. I have tried both becoming an adminstrator as well as trying to delete the folder through coding but nothing works as I don't even have reading rights to the folder by what it is telling me, which makes no sense considering it's a file on my computer. I believe that if I can just delete the whole folder of Adobe Illustrator from by hard drive it will allow me to start fresh, but I'm not sure how to do that because my computer will not allow me to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it your personal system or managed by your office IT? If it is managed by your office IT then we might need their help in this. 

If it is your personal system, try creating a new account (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...) with Admin rights and try there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a account that is under my school. Should I reach out to them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about the delay, Nolan. Yes, you much reach to authorities from where you got this machine. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines