• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error in Illustrator 2020 Clipping Mask

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Adobe's original Illustrator 2020 free and when selecting the Clipping Mask an error message appears: "cannot make clipping mask. The selection must contain more than one object".
In the 1st attempt, the entrepreneur's image, which would be the one that would apply the clipping mask was not inside Ellipse's circle when selecting the clipping mask, instead the error did not appear, but it was not inside the white Ellipse, when I clicked Clipping Mask, then I tried again and the error appeared unfortunately.

I've tried several times and nothing of the Clipping Mask activates, only the error appears
The process I did was to put the image of the entrepreneur inside Ellipse, then I copied the two images that are the image of an entrepreneur and Ellipse and selected the paste in place option and clicked on the clipping mask, that's when this error continued to appear

I wonder if anyone would have a solution and it would be Illustrator that is in error?

Below is the attachment with the error:Erro Clipping Mask Udemy (1).jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

A couple of things:

First, in order to make a clipping mask you must have two things selected: the object that you want to clip and the object to act as a mask. At the moment you have only one path selected.

Second, the masking path must be in front of the object that is to be masked. In your screenshot the selected path is behind the image to be masked. The circle in front is not selected.

So make sure that the circle you want to use as the mask is in front of the image to be masked, and th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A couple of things:

First, in order to make a clipping mask you must have two things selected: the object that you want to clip and the object to act as a mask. At the moment you have only one path selected.

Second, the masking path must be in front of the object that is to be masked. In your screenshot the selected path is behind the image to be masked. The circle in front is not selected.

So make sure that the circle you want to use as the mask is in front of the image to be masked, and that you select both the circle in front and the image before trying to create the Clipping Group.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines