• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error loading plugins/ Missing Plugins while launching Illustrator on Windows machine.

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've updated to  version 24.12 of CC Illustrator and am receiving a plugin error message (pictured below) when I launch the app. When I click OK and enter the app, my tool menu is missing. If someone can assist me in addressing this issue it would be appreciate. Thanks!

SarahWoren1980_0-1590090304027.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Hi All,

This has been reported by a few other users as well. Please try the steps shared on this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

If you need help following these steps, please take look at this response (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/error-loading-plugins-while-launching-illustrator-2020-24-1-2/m-p/11153043#M178050)

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Hi there,

We are sorry about the trouble. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing this issue. I would request you to please try the steps mentioned in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 147 Replies 147
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. That's definitely not a typical experience with the application. 

You may try the steps shared on this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html). If that doesn't help, could you please confirm which OS you are working on? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Control Panel?Control Panel?Hi Srishti,

Thank you for your response.

I tried to follow the steps in the article you've provided but unfortunately, the Control Panel also appears to be missing (pictured above) and I am unable to go through the steps.

I am working on Windows 10 Pro and haven't made any system updates or added any web extensions that I am aware of but I do have Norton Security Online which automatically takes care of anti-virus system stuff in the background. My OS is also set-up to make automatic system updates  as well. 

Control Panel.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For Control Panel, did you try from Window -> Control. See attached screenshot. This option must be checked.

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 10.00.41 PM.png

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the Control Panel, mentioned at the linked shared by Srishti is different one. I suppose, that Control Panel means, Control Panel of Windows not Illustrator, to repair the installed programs. See link for the Control Panel mentioned by Srishti

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/7-ways-to-open-control-panel-in-windows-10.html

I hope now you, will be able to resolve this issue and try the steps.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charu16,

Thank you for the clarification re: the control panel I was able to find it. However, I don't think the remaining steps in the article apply to my OS as I am unable to locate any of the locations in this file path: Username > App Data > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator version-number Settings.

I am operating Windows 10 Pro and work primarily off of OneDrive so I think this results in a different set of instructions? I am not sure as I am not super saavy in this area. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

App Data folder is usually a hidden folder. So, if you unhide all folders following the steps mentioned at below link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4028316/windows-view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10

you will be able to locate the Illustartor settings folder depending on the version number.

So, the folder chain will be App Data/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.

Let us know if you are able to locate the settings folder.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charu has explained it correcly. Let me make these steps simple for you.

• Close all the applications.
  • Press Windows+R on your keyboard, it will open Run pop-up.
  • Type Control and click OK
    open control panel.png
  • Now Click "Uninstall a Program".
    open programs and features.png

• Right click Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 (x64)/  2017-2019 (x64). 
  • Click Change > Repair. 

Repair Microsoft Visual C++.pngRepair Microsoft Visual C++ 1.png
  • Restart the system. 
  • Now press Windows + R again and type C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe this time.
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old
  • Launch Illustrator from Creative Cloud.

Let us know if this helps or if you have any further query. 

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

I got part way through the instructions but ended up with another error message that has prevented me from completing the steps, it is below. As far as I can tell, I am connected to the network and the internet is working ... not really sure where to go from here. Suggestions? Thanks!Network Issue.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

sbali, is the username of Srishti on her machine. The username of your machine will be different. If go to the folder C:\Users, there must be a folder with your name or username, that is used while setting up the you laptop. Inside your username folder, you will find App Data folder. If still its not clear, please share the screen shot of all the folders exists inside the C:\Users, so that we can help you to find the username of your machine.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charu is right, that's my username. You need to select/ add your username there. Also, I have sent you a DM, please check.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is working as it should now. Thank you Srishti and Charu for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! No more pesky plugin error message on opening of Illustrator. Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So many years lurking these forums, but this is the first time I've felt inclined to make a comment. This worked for me as well, thank you SO much! You have saved me while trying to do schoolwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just a hobbiest.  Haven't run Illustrator in a while.  Updated to the latest and nothing works:

I get a massive list of plugins that won't work.  The only ones I've ever downloaded were the Astute Graphics ones and they weren't on the list of errors

There are no tools on the left of the screen when Illustrator loads

I've read multiple reason's for the toolbar and nothing has worked.  There isn't even an option on the Windows dropdown to show them

I've deleted preferences and uninstalled/reinstalled Illustrator and the Creative Cloud multiple times

Same issues every time

I'm about ready to cancel my subscription.  Seems if you don't use this stuff every day, its not worth keeping up with the updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you turn off your antivirus when installing?

Did you run the Cleaner tool in between uninstalling and reinstalling?

This looks like issues with installing the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same problem. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, even rolling back to older versions, but to no avail.

Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/c87552ba1ff97aa7a35d90f017563c0c

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

They can log into your system to check things out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. If I get it correctly, you are getting this error while launching Illustrator.

error loading plugings.png

If yes, you may try the steps shared on this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html). If that doesn't help, could you please confirm which OS you are working on? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.
Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it.

Thanks,
Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I received a number of the same plugin errors today. I followed the steps above (but changed the Adobe Illustrator 25 file rather than 24), but when launching after the restart, I still received the following errors.

Tyler5FCA_0-1624028499203.png

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open Illustrator it says there is an error loading a long list of plugins. The plugs are common everyday tools like the pen, pencil, and colors and swatches. They are also the standard tools and not third-party.

I have tried everything to fix the problem and even uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Illustrator and what operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ramona,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. If I get it correctly, you are getting this error while launching Illustrator.

error loading plugings.png

If yes, you may try the steps shared on this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html). If that doesn't help, could you please confirm which OS and version of Illustrator you are working on? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines