• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error loading plugins/ Missing Plugins while launching Illustrator on Windows machine.

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've updated to  version 24.12 of CC Illustrator and am receiving a plugin error message (pictured below) when I launch the app. When I click OK and enter the app, my tool menu is missing. If someone can assist me in addressing this issue it would be appreciate. Thanks!

SarahWoren1980_0-1590090304027.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Hi All,

This has been reported by a few other users as well. Please try the steps shared on this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

If you need help following these steps, please take look at this response (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/error-loading-plugins-while-launching-illustrator-2020-24-1-2/m-p/11153043#M178050)

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Hi there,

We are sorry about the trouble. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing this issue. I would request you to please try the steps mentioned in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 147 Replies 147
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

I was experiencing this same issue yeseterday after installing Windows 10 and the latest Illustrator update. After much digging, I was able to fix it! Here is where I found the root of the problem:

Lauren5CCD_0-1611236421808.png

All of the plug-in tools were not showing the Ai icon. Once I selected which program the plug-ins should open with, my tools came back! (:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

U DA REAL MVP!!! I JUST OPEN ALL AI FILES TO DEFAULT AS AI AND FIX ALL THISSSS ❤️ THANKYOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This has been reported by a few other users as well. Please try the steps shared on this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

If you need help following these steps, please take look at this response (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/error-loading-plugins-while-launching-illustrator-2020-24...)

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, a mi lo que me funciono es que esta actualizacion te crea un archivo que se llama (conclicted copy) de cada unos de los plugins y archivos, lo busque desde el explorador, los elimine y con eso me permitio abrir de nuevo el programa ya sin conflictos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm also having the same issue.

However I have discovered that on loading Illustrator (24.1.3 (64-bit) on Windows 10 Pro Version 1909) for the first time after a reinstall the error doesn't occur. But it does the second or subsequent times that I open it.

But if I rename or delete the preference files, or if I reset the preferences using Edit>Preferences>General>Reset preferences, then on opening/reopening Illustrator the plugins all load with any errors. Seems to me that this may be an issue with writing/reading the prefence files?

Kind regards

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar issue. Ive tried everything stated above and no luck. ....And I have NO plugins installed other than clean install.Errors.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SignLab is not a native part of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. What about the top plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like some individual stuff as well.

You should know what you have installed - if not, please turn to your IT expert/department.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Ok. I think it is a malware that redirectes from links to downloading files and spreading over cloud... I have this problem since march / april and everything I experienced was described on official Microsoft message: Widespread malware campaign seeks to silently inject ads into search results, affects multiple brows...

- After 6 months of Windows reinstallations... I just want to ask one question:

The longer I am online, the more dangerous it will be (because of lots of viruses) so - as multimedia designer - when I compose music - I do not need to be online. I unplug internet LAN to be sure for Desktop PC. But for each Adobe CC product (as I am sub. to Adobe CCloud) and just to start a software I must plug in for a short time online, Adobe releases it and I can go offline until reboot...

Anything you download (if your PC is malicious, like mine) will get something on the .exe or .zip / .whatever extension file. Searching for problems will also - redirect you to wrong places and limit display to show you old posts first (from 10 years ago!).

I do not want (nor need) to update Anything Adobe at all, as each version has or has new problems with my PC: No OpenCL, No GPU, CPU ONLY display, Hardware not supported... then now problems with plugins. The moment I fix a problem - new version appears but I was lucky to stop updates until I clean all system from viruses.

Problem is - Creative Cloud. It forces updates, even I disable them. Fixing software (or - betatesting it) instead working is not good idea.

Two questions:

1: For this problem I have (like many others) - do I need one version newer or older to download / install?

My version is v25.0.1

2: Is this normal Adobe Illustration path or something is corrupted by malware?

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2021\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe

If yes - why only Illustrator installs there?

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2021\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe
v25.0.1

- p,s, I believe Adobe Acrobat DC is fire-starter. It is very suspicious to me (and to my virus scanners)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti, I have tried every step that you have given and the problem remains. I am using V 25.0.1 and Windows 10 home which is fully updated. Please help!! I've been trying to fix this for almost a week. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using illustrator 2020 and I was facing the same error but all the tools appeared after repairing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 (x64)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, tried all suggestions, no good. Windows 10, latest cloud version. Reset plugins to open with AI as per suggestion below, renamed illustrator folders to .old, repaired C++..., still getting long list of failing plugins on load plus error 'Operation can not be completed because of an unknown error [>MIT]'

Is this a new and more persistent version of the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot how I fixed this but once it Adobe CS started working - I've disabled all updates (especially as I just wanted working versions, not latest), disabled desktop app updates too and cloud updates. As I wrote, my malware fight lasts for nearly 9 months and I've managed to get working PC faster than it used to be 2-3 years ago I upgraded it with gfx card. What I did helped me solve many issues with Win10 (clicked on Reset, overwrite old system with default settings and then - revert back Win10 image file I backupped on USB hd in September 2020! After this - I upgraded (or downgraded) some of non working Adobe CS programs (I see that I have 2 versions of Illustrator opening: one on icon (where it displays year 2020!) and other version when I doubleclick on .ai file (then shows Illustrator as it is from 2019?). I do not touch anythibg, disabled every single update for any software (including Win10 too), system works and created just few weeks ago final working system (January 2021) as image backup on usb hard disk. I hope my (nightmare) experience helps somebody 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - in my case I had created a shortcut in the presets/brushes folder for 3rd party brushes, this was the problem and since deleting the shortcut everything is fine (Gulp - nearly retracted that for tempting fate lol)....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting an error message before Illustrator can load that the docinfo.aip plugin won't load. CC says Illustrator is up to date. Didn't have this problem when I first downloaded it, it kind of just randomly stopped working. Any fix? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please share some information as

1. Which version of Illustartor

2. OS

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the trouble. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing this issue. I would request you to please try the steps mentioned in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Please feel free to reach out if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hopped on Illustrator this morning and I had an error come up saying it can't load a bunch of the plugins. I was using it yesterday and I never had one issue. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem could be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not tell which OS are you using, nor the version of Illustrator, also the names of the missing plugins. See if the following link describes your issue, if not then come back with the information i asked

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't running Illustrator. So I delete the program and folders. Even All of Adobe programs.

Then i running AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool and restart my computer.

Reinstall Illustrator..

I also Install older version..

But I can fix it..

Help me plz...

(I didn't install any other plugin.)

캡처.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your antivirus turned off when installing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um... Nope..My Antivirus program is running always...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Antivirus irritates installation processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I turned off my antivirus and reinstall Illustrator. But an error also occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines