• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error "cant open the illustration. could not complete the requested operation" in Illustrator 2015

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

i trying to open a project that i have saved earlier today, but ill' wouldent open it.

ther are three seperet files. one is 117MB and the other is 956, the both of them show the same massege on opening "cant open the illustration. could not complite the requested operation", wile the third opens with no problem. 

tried to open in photoshop and in acrobat to no use.

if someone has expirienst this befor or know how to deal with the problem i would much appreciate the help.

Dekel.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & Illustrator? Are these files saved on a local drive or on a network?

If they are on network, you may copy them on a local drive and try to open them. You may also check out this help article and follow the troubleshooting given here to recover the document. Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks on the quick answer 🙂
its illustrator 2015cc and im running on windows 10. it was saved on a local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried the help article but could not find a solusion... please answer if you have another idea on waht should i do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. Please update your InDesign to the latest version of Adobe InDesign and then try to open the files. If you do not wish to remove the version 2015 from your machine, uncheck the option "Remove Old Versions" while upgrading it to the latest version. Let us know if it helps. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because Illustrator allows some operations doesn't mean it's the correct working technique.

Do not work with the embedded file system in Illustrator. This process is the cause of most document corruption.

You can fix this as follows. Do the same on a computer with more powerful hardware than your system. Do not check the PDF Editable function while saving. If there are files embedded, work them as external documents, with links.

If not private, send me this document as WETRANSFER and I'll try to open it.

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have also same this problem I make ( embedded ) for some Photos then i saved the file but now the file not open and give me this message (cant open the illustration. could not complete the requested operation ) and open the white page

what i can do to open my file again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines