Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error while moving objects in Illustrator 2020 on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on mac and I'm experiencing similar problems with Illustrator 24.1.3
There are certain objects that I can't move or copy/paste. When I try I get the following message "Can't move the objects. The requested transformation would make some objects fall completely off the drawing area."
It would happen randomly with groups and layers. However, inside the group or layer, each object works fine. 

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Hi Sara,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I have branched this conversation because the issue discussed over there was different. For this error message, please try the steps shared on this similar discussion (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/error-can-t-move-the-objects-the-requested-transformation-would-make-some-objects-fall-completely/td-p/8855911?page=1) and let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I have branched this conversation because the issue discussed over there was different. For this error message, please try the steps shared on this similar discussion (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/error-can-t-move-the-objects-the-requested-transformation...) and let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are there guides selected with the artwork?

Are there single anchor points close to the edges of the canvas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines