Escape key no longer working to exit out of text box

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been causing major hiccups in my designing. I design with type a lot as a branding & packaging designer and this makes me want to scream.

I keep hitting esc to get out of the text box/type tool, and then v to switch to select tool, and it. is. not. working. And it's leaving me with a lot of 'v's throughout my txt boxes and it's causing me to have spelling erros on client work that I don't catch because I'm so used to this.
Plus it is slowing me down so much as this was a shortcut I CONSTANTLY use.

WHY did this change? HOW Can I change it back? I will do anything for this to come back.

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, Tools, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your preferences? What system are you on? It works for me on Windows, Illustrator v25.3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks -  I reset my keyboard increment preferences that I found in another forum and it helped, so I assume resetting the preferences is really what would help too. Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines