• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everytime i use move tool...i get this message "Can't move the objects. The command was canceled."

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Explorer , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

This is not a one size fits all solution, but I was having the same issue and did "Object > Expand" and was able to move the newly expanded shape. In my case, it was essentially indiscernable from the original shape, so it was no problem.

Edit: justs realized this was a duplicate solution post. My bad. Carry on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Goto..   Obeject > Exapand Appearences

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Just open another document, or page and copy and paste from the original. Thanks for nothing ADOBE.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information required. What OS and version? What version of AI (exactly)? What is the objects (group or selected pathItems)? Does the Select tool work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem could be caused by any number of things. Are you able to move the objects with your arrow keys?

Here are some suggestions you could try:

• View > Outline, and check if there are any objects that may be preventing using the Move tool.
  • Choose Select > Object > Stray Points and delete any stray points.
  • In Preferences > Selection & Anchor Display, uncheck 'Object Selection by Path Only'
  • It might be a resource issue -- try closing other programs or try moving paths on a simpler file.
  • The Cleaner Tool usually solves any strangeness. I've had to use it a couple of times. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phantasm.aip plug in is missing...thats the reason i am not able to move objects.

Thanx for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well. from a file downloaded at vectorstock.com

I wonder if the author realized they were putting out something with a plugin that will shut your ability to edit down.

I would consider that a black hat plugin if you must purchase it in order to edit a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The concept of plugins is that you always need to have them installed in order to edit the file.

The designer of that file forgot to expand the objects and vectorstock didn't check the file thoroughly. I would just complain to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The vectorstock file you download has this Phantasm.aip plug-in used by the original author.  Try to expand the artwork would work.  Go to Object-> Expand Appearance should allow you to move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure part of my file used to be part of a shutterstock file and this tip solved the problem! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci beaucoup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thanks mate. Worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one worked for me. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly for me. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a one size fits all solution, but I was having the same issue and did "Object > Expand" and was able to move the newly expanded shape. In my case, it was essentially indiscernable from the original shape, so it was no problem.

Edit: justs realized this was a duplicate solution post. My bad. Carry on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thid worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goto..   Obeject > Exapand Appearences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnak you! It saved my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just open another document, or page and copy and paste from the original. Thanks for nothing ADOBE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drama removed filter ( Open another document, or page and copy and paste from the original )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically you removed an effect that you previously applied and then the problem was solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No I Open another document, or page and copy and paste from the original 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines