• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expand object doesn't work

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe somebody knows what's the problem.
It's unable to expand an object with gradient — only the gradient — though it had been working before. 

unknown.png

TOPICS
Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to have a closed path with a gradient fill and no stroke. Except for the gradient, there is nothing to expand.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, well, it worked until yesterday and I was able to expand an object with gradient, but now it doesn't work. (I have a little bit strange things to do, where the shape with radial gradient without expanded object looks very bad, so that's why I'm asking what's the problem in AI) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You shouldn't have the Object option available unless the selected object contains something more complex, such as a symbol, envelope, or blend. As I said, if there's nothing but a gradient fill, there is literally nothing else to expand. What are you trying to accomplish that would somehow need to be any more expanded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines