Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export comes out faded even though I'm working in sRGB and exporting to sRGB

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm running into an issue where the color in my image comes out faded when I use export for screens, and similar posts I've seen usually have issues with color space being CMYK or Adobe RGB. I've made sure the assigned profile is sRGB IEC61966-2.1, and I'm exporting in sRGB as well as far as I can tell. I also noticed that when I zoom in a certain amount in illustrator, the colors become similarly faded. If it makes a difference, the transparency blending mode on the red is 'color' -- I'm also wondering if the noise could be making a difference?

exportedexportedin illustratorin illustrator

Thanks for your help and let me know if there's any other files I should attach!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

ok so for anyone who sees this later, I did end up finding a kind of hack to resolve this. I had previously been applying my noise filter directly to the image background, which I think was darkening or desaturating the red. What I did instead was

1. link a version of my photo WITHOUT NOISE in my ai file

2. export that version of my design, with the color overlays from illustrator, and then bring it into photoshop

3. following this old guide, I made a NEW OVERLAY LAYER at 50% gray and applied the n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color profiles don't matter if your system isn't properly calibrated and you're not using correct proofing options. Just arbitrarily slapping on profile information has nothing to do with CM. And yes, sure, the colors changing on zoom clearly indicates an issue with your hardware acceleration not working correctly to begin with or your monitor using a wrong color profile. You need to check those things and if you really don't go all the way in on CM, just leave things off.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it-so I've now calibrated the color profile on my monitor (Macbook Pro 2016), and double checked my proof setup is on sRGB. Exporting with or without color management on still does not fix this faded color effect. Anything else I can do to find out what's wrong with the display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: it's definitely an issue with the noise (added manually in psd); when I take it off I don't see a fade on either the zoom or the export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok so for anyone who sees this later, I did end up finding a kind of hack to resolve this. I had previously been applying my noise filter directly to the image background, which I think was darkening or desaturating the red. What I did instead was

1. link a version of my photo WITHOUT NOISE in my ai file

2. export that version of my design, with the color overlays from illustrator, and then bring it into photoshop

3. following this old guide, I made a NEW OVERLAY LAYER at 50% gray and applied the noise filter to that instead of directly to the design. When I exported, the red remained nice, bright and saturated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines