• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export for artboards unable to export odd sized artboards?

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So one of my clients called me pretty upset because the icons for his app that I had exported (in an "export for screens" workflow) were off by one pixel.  "Not this again, I thought I fixed that two years ago when I had to make sure all the artboards were positioned on an x/y axis that wasn't a decimal point".  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBgVyXYwDoI)

Ok, so I download the dropbox images and sure enough, the icon that was supposed to be 29x29 was 30x30 and so on... for all the images that were supposed to be exported as odd number sizes....? The images that were even numbered like 16x16 or 2000x2000 were perfectly fine....?!?!?!? Amateur hour.

I opened Illustrator and tried a few things, a lot of things actually, and no matter what I did I couldn't get the odd sized artboards to export at the correct size. Had to re-export all the images that were supposed to be odd sized manually.

Is this an issue with the Illustrator update? 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you measure the x/y coordinates from the upper left?

Are your rulers Artboard Rulers or Global Rulers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines