• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export help

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm fairly new to Illustrator and don't fully understand how PPI and all that works. I've created a 1920x1080 document at 72 PPI and added a coloured rectangle for the background, some symbols from an SVG file, and a png image (the text in the attached documents) that is normally 4000x4000 pixels and has been shrunk down (it looks fine on the document in illustrator itself, ie. not pixelated or blurry). I've tried to export it many times now and every time the text and image end up looking... wrong. I don't know how to describe it but it almost looks like there are too many pixels in the spaces? I've tried:

• Export as... > PNG > 72 PPI
  • Export as... > JPEG > 72 PPI
  • Export as... > PNG > Use Artboards > 72 PPI
  • Export as... > JPEG > Use Artboard > 72 PPI
  • Save for Web (Legacy) > 1920x1080 px
  • Export for screens... > selected every scaling it offers, and also 1920w

I've also tried all of those options creating the document at 300 PPI and exporting at 300 PPI and then it ends up being 8000x4500 px which did look perfect when I opened it in Preview on my Mac but then I added it to the stream and because it had to be shrunk down so much it ended up looking weird.

I just want it to look as it does in the Illustrator document once it's been exported and sized to be 1920x1080 like I need. What document settings should I use when creating it to begin with, and then what export settings should I use? It's a full-screen document to be used as an "offline screen" on a gaming stream.

I think I've attached an example of what it looks like after each attempt at exporting. Also I have checked for existing posts similar to this but as I don't really understand PPI, I got quite confused each time.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't see what your problem is in the attached documents. Yes, they look different, but what is the issue? You can't expect to be able to zoom in a raster file. So if you find that you cannot read the text, you will have to make it bigger.

In order to get a 1920x1080 px file, set it up at exactly that size and then export it at 72 ppi. Browsers don't care abotu resolution, all they care about is the pixel dimension of an image file that is specified in the HTML code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines