• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Jpeg with Bleed setting

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator used to export a jpeg and include the document's bleed settings when I checked "use artboards", but now it is not including the bleed. Is this a setting that's been changed in one of the updates recently? I can't find any settings about it, but it's really frustrating to have to include bleed in the artboard size now just to export a jpeg when all of our previous and current files are set up using the bleed settings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Deleting the preferences file did work.

That is an incredibly disruptive solution, though, and the reason it's taken me so long to even try it. I use Illustrator all day, every day for work, so having to start from scratch with my preferences throws a wrench into getting work done.

There's nothing in the preferences panel (from what I can see) that says anything about exporting raster images with the document bleed settings. I didn't change any preferences. It just stopped working one day. Not coo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you set the bleed settings ? if you do so, illustrator will include the bleed settings

2018-12-10_21-38-16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the bleed set, that is why I mentioned it.

It used to export as a jpeg with my bleed settings and now it is no longer doing that it is only exporting the artboard size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which version of illustrator are you using ?

here I confirm, I did the export now in cc 2019 and it works properly.

make a test on a new document, export and see if you get any result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using cc 2019 as well. Here's a screenshot showing the ai file with a blue box .25" smaller than the artboard and a yellow border in the document setting bleed area. The jpeg that was exported is previewed in front of it with no bleed.

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 2.04.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine is working fine,  this could be missing and we can reported to adobe as a bug,

before we do that , have tried resetting the preferences ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the preferences file did work.

That is an incredibly disruptive solution, though, and the reason it's taken me so long to even try it. I use Illustrator all day, every day for work, so having to start from scratch with my preferences throws a wrench into getting work done.

There's nothing in the preferences panel (from what I can see) that says anything about exporting raster images with the document bleed settings. I didn't change any preferences. It just stopped working one day. Not cool.

But, thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian,

When you have a sound set of preferences you wish to keep, you can save it in a different place; whenever disaster strikes, you can replace the corrupted preferences with the sound set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks! resetting preferences file then restarting illustrator worked for me too! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023. Adobe CC latest version, same problem. Same solution. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conversely, when set to artboard, I only want the artboard exported to jpg - no bleed. I tend to send print files as pdfs (with bleed) and jpgs for proofs or web work (without bleed). So, I would like the option of saving without bleed in the regular Export image option. That would be a nice extra feature for the next update – a with or without bleed toggle button. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear @brianamacarthur,

It's already April 2024, and i just met this discussion,
I got the same problem that i want to export as JPEG with bleed settings,

After i tried, i found the solution:
1. "Export for Screen"

2. In "Format" use resolution and i do for 300 ppi, like this:

Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 2.48.17 PM.png

And Done, the size in centimeter is same like we export as JPEG..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh i forgot to check the "include Bleed" instead..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines