• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EXPORT SELECTION EXPORTS FILE OFF-CENTER

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use illustrator in conjunction with a Roland SG300.  All files for the printer must be in pdf format.

I am encountering a situation where a specific set of objects I am trying to export are doing so off-center.  This is a really big problem for the printer as this changes the actual dimensions of the file.  This isn't an artboard problem, or a color mode problem, or a problem with the specific file; I have traced the problem to the specific set of objects that make up the design but I can't find anything that would cause this scenario.  The are no extra 'invisible' objects - nothing that extends beyond the outermost edges of the design; final dimensions should be 48"x28.5".

This occurs whether I combine the objects into a group, a clip-group, or if I copy them to a new file and attempt to export from there.

I can rebuild the design from the ground up if I have to, but I would really prefer not to given the amount of time involved.

I can only attatch one image to this posting, so tell me where to send screenshots and I will email them over.  The one I have attached displays what I see when I open the "export selection" menu with the offending design selected.  I have multiple other discreet designs in this same file, and this problem only persists with this specific design.  You can see exactly what the problem is the preview window of the "export selection" sub-menu.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if the matter is still urgent for you.

But I can't see a possible/plausible cause for it, judging by the screenshot.

So I'd like to tweak the file and its content personally, to find the culprit...

Send email to peter@studea.nl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a work-around that involved partially rebuilding the design.

I went back later and found that whomever had originally designed the file had defined the shape of several objects using nested clip groups, the deepest of which I missed when I was prepping the design for printing.  I don't really know how that particular clip group was created though because to look at it from the layers panel it only appeared to be a clip group when in isolation mode; viewing the layers panel normally it appeared to just be a path.  I didn't know something like that was possible, but then I'm not an illustrator pro; I have way more experience with ps.

I appreciate the follow-up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines