• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export selection ignores some elements

Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some text and other elements arranged the way I want. I draw a 210 x 297mm box, fill=0 line colour=0 around the elements. select all the elements and the box and export selection as PDF.

When I place the resultant file in InDesign it ignores the outer box and the size of the graphic seems to be the bounding box of the elements.

I want the invisible A4 box I drew so I can place the graphic at 0,0 on the page in InDesign and all the elements are in the correct place. Any one know how I can do this?

Illustrator 24.3, Mac OS Mojave

Adobe user since 1987 : Illustrator version 1.0.
TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

When placing the pdf in InDesign, check the options (or hold down the Shift key when selecting the pdf to place).  Crop to Art seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When placing the pdf in InDesign, check the options (or hold down the Shift key when selecting the pdf to place).  Crop to Art seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks to both who replied. Holding shift or checking "Show import options"does the trick perfectly.

FYI, marliton, I can't make an artboard in this case or I would have done.

Adobe user since 1987 : Illustrator version 1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Maybe is better to create an artboard to the desired size (not create a box) and export or save it to PDF format.

Also, when you import a PDF in InDesign, if you press the shift key before click Open button, you can select different "PDF boxes" in the "Crop to" option.

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 9.01.23 AM.png

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines