• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export SVG to Fusion 360

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble with importing a saved SVG file from Illustrator into Fusion 360 for 3D work. I've created "Happy Birthday" with a stroke around it but when I import into Fusion it only shows the writing and no outline of the stroke. This is driving me crazy as I've seen a youtube video (attached) with the author importing SVG files into fusion and I followed every step but somehow it's not showing the stroke outline around the words. I've attached the HBD SVG file and a screenshot of the SVG file when I import into Fusion 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-oeuuIE2TA&list=PLS1wjEoCLinSHNXakUWzohG9G66yx7QNe&index=7 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

You need to convert the stroke to an outline by expanding it (again). 3D printing/ cutting works on actual contours only, not parametric definitions of strokes and all that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't watched that video.

Did you outline the strokes after creating it?

Exactly how did you create it? Please tell us step by step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding Monika! Sure thing!

1) Created the word and went to "Object" in tool bar and selected "expand"

2) Duplicated the layer

3) Locked the duplicated layer and then went to the original layer and increased the weight the the stroke of the word

4) The stroke has covered the word and now it is black and can't be seen s went back to the duplicated layer and changed the word fill to white

5) Saved file as SVG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to convert the stroke to an outline by expanding it (again). 3D printing/ cutting works on actual contours only, not parametric definitions of strokes and all that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked! Thank you very much for your assistance Mylenium!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines