• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export SVG with artboard, without appending number

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to export as SVG, using the artboard, but without appending "_01"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could edit the script using ExtendScript Toolkit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, are you using the "Save As" dialog? Try using "Export for Screens". It will save individual SVG files named for each Artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using "Export". I don't see an "Export for Screens" (Illustrator CC).

Either way, what I'd like to be able to do is export an SVG (for screen use), with dimensions taken from the (single) artboard, and save it with the file name I specify. By default Illustrator injects "-01" into the file name, when "Use Artboards" is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mintcanary schrieb:

By default Illustrator injects "-01" into the file name, when "Use Artboards" is checked.

You can't change that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks. So I guess the only question that remains is can you export an SVG, that includes white space, without using the artboard option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, "Export for Screens" does exactly what you're asking for. I'm on AI CC 2015.3.1. I have selected a local file path instead of the cloud option.

Adobe Illustrator’s Export for Screens Saves You Time – Big Time | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Screenshot 2016-11-14 10.42.33.png

Screenshot 2016-11-14 10.43.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. Looks like the export dialogue has been improved recently. I'm on v2015.2.1 (I've been refraining from updating anything Adobe for a while, for fear of breaking the CEPHtmlEngine bug work-around). So you can avoid the "-01" in your version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you can't. The damn number is still at the end of the artboard name when you export 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines