• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export svg

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Adobe Illustrator I can't export svg. A file is not saved in the folder. What to do? Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit http://adobe.ly/1Q3rCPI and get the latest build titled Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.2  - Hot Fix.

This build is of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you export to exactly where with exactly which method and which settings?

Which system is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File -> Export -> Export as..

I choose the folder, then I see the settings's window, click "OK". There is no file in the folder.

This happened after updating the Illustrtator.

Windows OS 10/64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For SVG it's best to use "Export for screens" as this produces the most modern code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this menu item doesn't work either(

Creates an empty folder. There is no file in the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is in the file?

Which settings exactly do you select?

Where do you save?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue, cannot export SVGs, regardless of the methods I try.

I've tried saving them to various folders, various settings, nothing works.
My file is very simple, just some outlined text.

Export for Screens tested, for both 'Artboards' and 'Assets' - neither exports any files. Never had this issue with the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following steps and let me know.

1. Save your work
  2. Quit Illustrator
  3. Launch Illustrator by double-clicking the application icon - note do not launch by double-clicking the Illustrator file
  4. Open the file that you want to use for SVG export by using CTRL+O on Windows or CMD+O on MAC
  5. export to SVG as you would normally do

revert back if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I restarted Illustrator and opened as you suggested. I also tried saving to a different folder and this seems to work!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it on 2 Macs, but the SVG Folder is always empty. I often used it, but after 22.0.0 it don't work anymore

(Mac OS 10.13/German)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed after deleting Adobe Illustrator 22 Settings in Pref.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

It's work for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your method is working.

But now I tried another way.

1) I open file test.psd (with Photoshop)

2) There is a vector smart object

3) I do a double-click, the vector smart object will open by Illustrator

4) Next, I do export to SVG as you would normally do and no file in directory again! Help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting "Adobe Illustrator 22 Settings" in Preferences (or rename it, so you can switch back if it didn't work).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to delete Illustrator settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you do not have to delete preference. the scenario mentioned by you is same that is you launched Illustrator through file open. The workaround is to launch Illustrator first and then open file. here is what you can do in this case

1. Launch Illustrator and let is remain opened. 

2. go back and double click on the smart object inside PSD file for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It works for me!

P.S. The Illustrator's new update looks like a bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank U so much
it works( i have been trying for hundred times...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, but the workaround is not working for me. I installed today AI 22.0.1 (de) under macOS High Sierra 10.13 (17A405). Any Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, worked under CC2017, CC2018 export to SVG fails using Export for Screens and Export as. Could be a High Sierra bug, although not sure.

Seriously Adobe? This is meant to be a professional piece of software. I've paid thousands of pounds since CS6 was released and this software moves 2 steps forward in terms of functionality and then another 6 back. You take functionality out and then add saying it's a new feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn'work for me

Got 2 macs, both with High Sierra and the last version of illustrator, but one of them doesn't export SVG when are supposed to do it. PNGs, JPGs… but not SVG
How quitting and opening again could be a pro solution for this software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit http://adobe.ly/1Q3rCPI and get the latest build titled Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.2  - Hot Fix.

This build is of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is almost 3 years old. This same bug is back and has been happenning since the previous update, and I just ran the most current update yesterday and it still isn't fixed. Luckily, export svg still works on Illustrator 2019, but 2020 is useless to me, because one of the main utilities I depend on it for is exporting SVG. 
This only affects my Windows 10 install, I'm alson running it on Mac Catalina which this feature works on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines