Highlighted

Export Tiled Artboard as PDF and Retain Layers.

New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, 

I'm working with Illustrator CS6. I'm drafting sewing patterns in several sizes which sometimes are larger than A4.

I need to export these layers into 4 x A4 PDFs tiled from my larger artboards, as they are to be part of a complete A4 document. I am able to tile the artboard and not retain layers in the PDF or retain layers in the PDF and not tile the artboard.

I have tried printing to postscript and converting in distiller. and have tried exporting and saving as to PDF with tiles in more ways than I can remember.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If this isnt possible.. is there a way I can seperate my A2 artboard into 4 A4 and split my objects with them?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

Yes, you can create 4 A4 rectangles and convert each to artboards (Object > Artboards > Convert to Artboards).

You can keep the large artboard too,

Save as PDF

See:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/551f1a3a-f939-49f9-437d-63904d9b338a

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export Tiled Artboard as PDF and Retain Layers.

New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, 

I'm working with Illustrator CS6. I'm drafting sewing patterns in several sizes which sometimes are larger than A4.

I need to export these layers into 4 x A4 PDFs tiled from my larger artboards, as they are to be part of a complete A4 document. I am able to tile the artboard and not retain layers in the PDF or retain layers in the PDF and not tile the artboard.

I have tried printing to postscript and converting in distiller. and have tried exporting and saving as to PDF with tiles in more ways than I can remember.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If this isnt possible.. is there a way I can seperate my A2 artboard into 4 A4 and split my objects with them?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

Yes, you can create 4 A4 rectangles and convert each to artboards (Object > Artboards > Convert to Artboards).

Save as PDF

See:

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save as PDF

See:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! Thankyou so much, I had a feeling I was over thinking it xD 

Much appreciated 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2020 0
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that helped.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2020 0
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did resave my link as a CS6 compatible file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0