• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to DFX

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Adobe take about the ability to export to DXF? I do not have the options anymore, please help

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Hi Aaron,

Sorry to hear about this. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & Illustrator? Please try creating a new file and then try to export it as DXF. Let us know if that works.

If it does not, please try resetting preferences of the app.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 24.2.3 on Windows 10, and if I go to File > Export > Export As, I can change the file type to .DXF. Do you not see that file type in the Save as type dropdown menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for responding Myra,

I am running macOS 10.15.2. When I go to File > Export > Export As this is the only options I am gettingScreen Shot 2020-08-27 at 9.52.02 AM.png

I use to have file type .DXF but for some reason Its not there anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

Sorry to hear about this. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & Illustrator? Please try creating a new file and then try to export it as DXF. Let us know if that works.

If it does not, please try resetting preferences of the app.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I updated to AI 2020 I have the same issue too, I can't export DXF anymore, even I downloaded a new plugin, also not work for me. And every time when I open it, it shows the error message. I tried with the reset setting mentioned above, not even work from my side. SOS

isaacv64493417_0-1599837905531.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a lot of problems with 25.4.1 exporting detailed labels to .dxf for laser marking in Keyence. Our operator is sometimes able to export without issue using an old version of Illustrator, but if I save to the same legacy format- it still has issues. How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Tamara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have such a problem too. The operation could not be completed because of unknown error 2067

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines