• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported PNG lines change when viewed

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently exporting an icon with a transparent background that is just under 16x16 px as a PNG. When I open this PNG (specifically in Light mode on my computer, Dark mode appears to be fine), the icon appears as it is supposed to for a brief moment, then it looks like all the lines thin out. Because the icon is so small, in some instances it completely changes an aspect of the icon.

Something else I have noticed,  where parts of shapes connect/overlap there is a weird shadowy overhang in the exported PNG. However, the shapes line up seamlessly in Illustrator, so I'm unsure of how to fix this issue. 

I'm unsure if these issues actually have to do with Illustrator, but either way, if anyone has any knowledge on either of these issues, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!

Closed Lesson.png 

Final Activity.png

(What icon should look like)

neraesa_0-1591194651752.pngneraesa_1-1591194710726.png

(What icon looks like in Light mode)

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. I could see that the images are bit blurry and the image size is different as mentioned by Doug. I am hopeful the issue is resolved by now. If not, please share the following details:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • Illustrator file from where you exported this.
  • What PPI settings are used to export images. For exact size it should be exported as 72 PPI.

Also, please check out this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/exporting-artwork.html#png_export_options

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you using to view these images?

They appear to be somewhat larger than 16x16px - 67x29 and 44x60 px respectively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photos, the default Windows program.

... that is concerning. They shouldn't have been exactly 16x16, but if anything they should have been smaller, not larger. I'll look into that, thank you for bringing it to my attention!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. I could see that the images are bit blurry and the image size is different as mentioned by Doug. I am hopeful the issue is resolved by now. If not, please share the following details:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • Illustrator file from where you exported this.
  • What PPI settings are used to export images. For exact size it should be exported as 72 PPI.

Also, please check out this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/exporting-artwork.html#png_export_options) for PNG export settings. Let us know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

png2.jpgpng3.jpg

Hi,

I think I'm experiencing a somewhat similar issue. Why do I see these fine black lines in my file? When I zoom in, they disappear. These files are for commercial printing. Is this something I should be concerned about? I hope the lines do not show in the print file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. As you mentioned it looks fine after Zooming in, it sounds like a display error? Does turning off GPU performance (CMD/ CRTL+ K > Performance > Uncheck GPU performance ) help to resolve the issue?

GPU performance Ai.png

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines