Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a dwg file in Illustrator

New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Can someone please help me work out how to export a dwg (autoCAD Drawing) file in illustrator?

I've created a logo and my client is asking for it, but he says it keeps showing up as a line stroke instead of the logo being filled in, how do i fix this, am i saving it wrong? see example below

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 6.26.59 pm.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

A DWG is essentially only lines and fills are limited to what is actually avialable in CAD programs, most of the time those being elemenatary colors from a limited palette or "named colors". In your example the custom blue background and white fill may not translate, so create a proper black and white version, meaning black text on white canvas.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A DWG is essentially only lines and fills are limited to what is actually avialable in CAD programs, most of the time those being elemenatary colors from a limited palette or "named colors". In your example the custom blue background and white fill may not translate, so create a proper black and white version, meaning black text on white canvas.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mylenium for the tip

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simoral problem. I drawed a stage design that I want to export to dwg to make it 3D. I already. made. sure the lines are black and the filling is white. But the option in 'Ingedling/Export' does not give DWG als an option.

Can someone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > Export as - no DWG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed..

Met Vriendelijke Groet, Kind Regards,
Iris Erkelens

[PII Removed by Moderator]
Spatial motion <>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to add a screenshot but that didn't work.. Scherm­afbeelding 2023-10-07 om 09.41.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-10-07 om 23.46.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DWG should be higher up in that list:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-07 um 23.57.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot is all I have.. Is there a way to check why I don't have all these options above? I use CC Adobe Illustrator 2023 and it's updated the Cloud says.. So I dont understand why I miss half of the export options!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are indeed missing options. Did you try to uninstall and reinstall Illustrator?

If that does not help, maybe the Cleaner tool will.

https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yesterday it seem to be solved, my file had a to big drawingboard, so I scaled the file 1:100 but now if I open it it again does not give me the option of exporting to DWG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines