• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a logo as a Transparent TGA file from Illustrator?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there still no way to export a graphic from illustrator as a transparent TGA file?

Yes, I know you can place it in Photoshop and save it out that way but that doesnt help me. I have about 50 logos in Illustrator and I need to make TGA versions of each of them individually. Placing each one of them, creating the alpha channel and saving them out one by one is a massive time suck. Why can we not just select the graphic and "export for screens" or "export as" TGA file and have that TGA file be transparent?

What am I missing here?

TOPICS
Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the easiest is to create an action in Photoshop and batch apply it to a folder full of Illustrator files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortately not really a solution either as the logos are on pages as part of a syleguide and therefor have other elements on the page.

You can select an element and "Export for Screens" but you dont get a TGA file option.. very frustrating.

I would settle for "copy and pasting" the selection to a new document and "Exporting As" the TGA file you can select there - but there's no options to make it transparent that I can see anywhere.

It's like the people that code Photoshop and Illustrator hate each other and do this stuff on purpose..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines