• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a vector that doesn't populate layers when placed into AI after exporting is finished

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!

I'm a bit of a newbie, so I'm trying to export my final image and I've played around with different vector file types a bit, but I'm looking for something equivalent to a PNG but for vectors, since I need the transparent background.

I blended some letters using the blend tool and created many layers (300), and now I want to save the file of each letter individually so I can use the 3D rotation without my AI crashing trying to rotate 300 layers.

What file type should I export these letters as that will keep them as high quality vectors for web use, but won't come back into my AI project with layers when i place it? I've rendered it out to a SVG and all the layers come back with the file which isn't what I want, and my understanding of vector files is EPS is for print and not web so I'm not gonna bother with that, unless it's the solution?

I realized in hind-sight I probably should have rotated the text before blending, but I'm still unsure of how that would work out.

Any help at all is appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

If you only have one layer in your Illustrator file then there will only be one layer in your SVG. You can expand the little arrow next to a layer name to see all the objects on that layer, but those are just objects or paths on the layer, they are not layers themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understad what you want to do. Or about the nature of your artwork.

You know the difference between layers and objects in the layers panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you only have one layer in your Illustrator file then there will only be one layer in your SVG. You can expand the little arrow next to a layer name to see all the objects on that layer, but those are just objects or paths on the layer, they are not layers themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines