Exporting as DXF - Extra lines being added, curves coming out jagged

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a laser engraver/cutter who I have been able to export vector graphics as DXF files, which they have been able to open up and cut as supplied, multiple times before.

This time, I sent them a DXF file, saved exactly as before, however they opend it up and some of the curves have become jagged and extra lines and anchor points, and so confuses the CAD software (I don't know what software they use).

Included is the PDF file with the original vector artwork (page 2 is the one in question), and a screen shot of the resulting DXF (Community won't accept uploading the DXF file itself); note the "Q" and "POT" lettering where the problem persists.

Long story short, is that we've done nothing different in our process; no settings were changed etc. and we're now having to do more work to correct it - Any ideas?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting as DXF - Extra lines being added, curves coming out jagged

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a laser engraver/cutter who I have been able to export vector graphics as DXF files, which they have been able to open up and cut as supplied, multiple times before.

This time, I sent them a DXF file, saved exactly as before, however they opend it up and some of the curves have become jagged and extra lines and anchor points, and so confuses the CAD software (I don't know what software they use).

Included is the PDF file with the original vector artwork (page 2 is the one in question), and a screen shot of the resulting DXF (Community won't accept uploading the DXF file itself); note the "Q" and "POT" lettering where the problem persists.

Long story short, is that we've done nothing different in our process; no settings were changed etc. and we're now having to do more work to correct it - Any ideas?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 24, 2020 0

Have something to add?