• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Assets - Can the asset number that is automatically created be reset to zero?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can the asset number that is automatically created when a new group of assets is exported be reset to zero? I would each set to start at 0 or 1...

I thought there would be a preference somewhere to choose between 'continuous numbering' and 'reset with each new export' or simliar, but can't find anything? Was expecting it to be in the Asset Export Panel fly-up menu...

Thank you for any help

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Hi,

You can add your request to Adobe Illustrator (uservoice.com) 

First, check if someone asked for it already and you can add your vote to other features you would like to see implemented/fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I cleared all assets from the panel, and added some back. The numbering continued from the lst number used before deleting them all.
I copied my design to a new ai document and created assets again. The numbering started at 1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

So there is no way of resetting to zero without creating a new document?

While thats a work-around, it would take a lot of time to create new docs for each as I have many to export.

Is there a way to suggest to Adobe that they try integrate a 'reset' feature somewhere? Or even better, as you can specify a Prefix to go in front of export filenames, be able to choose where the sequenntial numbering at the end of the filename starts.  0 or some other number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You can add your request to Adobe Illustrator (uservoice.com) 

First, check if someone asked for it already and you can add your vote to other features you would like to see implemented/fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines