Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting dartboards as png- duplicating board #

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am on a MAC book pro, OS Catalina, Version 10.15.5,  working in Adobe Illustrator 24.2.1 and I have 16 artboards. They are all variations of the same image so I copied artboards and swapped out images. 

When I go to export as png. it does not export all the artboards as there are duplicate board #'s. I have 2 #10, no 9, 2 #15 and no 14.  How can I fix this? Why is it doing this? Thank you

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 2.10.17 PM.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artboards NOT DARTBOARDS. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you export them? Via export for screens? Maybe they have the same name there and one is overwriting the other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't export for screens as I don't really understand how to do that so it was easier to export as png, using artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you used "Export as"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And renaming those artboards is not an option? In the panel just double click the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can rename them but the board # stays the same. I tried exporting with the new names and it still didn't work. It only exports one of the duplicates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are commands to rearrange artboards in the panel menu. Can you try them?

Could you also try and rearrange their order in the panel (just drag them to a different position to re-order them). Perhaps this mkes Illustrator correct the numbers.

And: Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rearranging doesn't work. The artboard #'s stay the same. I also tried to rearrange the order in the panel and it kept the same numbering. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a bug and found this same error/problem from May 2019 but there isn't a fix that I could see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only happening for some people. Did you reset the preferences after updating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not update the preferences. How do you do that?

Also, I renamed the duplicate art boards, exported as png and then all artboards exported this time. They exported as artboard-10 and artboard-010. Same with #15. I guess this is a work around but if I had more than 15 artboards this could cause extra work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Toreset the preferences you could rename the folder as described in here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

(if that doesn't help you can revert to the old preferences)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines