• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting .DXF files from Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a .dxf file from a customer and need to change text information on the file. I am trying to do it in Illustrator, then exporting it back out. This is something I haven't done before or worked with. Any help or tips on how to make this happen?

Every time I update the text, when the other team tries to open the file in AutoCAD viewer it has updated the text, but also deletes part of the drawing. Also Once I import the file in to Illustrator and then try to export it makes the file huge. Any way to resolve this too?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us some clues as to what exactly is in the file and what gets deleted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear about your difficulties. As Monika said, we would need a few more details like:

• OS (Version of Windows/MAC)
  • Version of Illustrator
  • This looks like a file specific issue. Will it be possible for you to share a sample file and a few screenshots of the issue (missing image)? If yes, please upload it to Creative Cloud/ Google Drive/ Dropbox and share the direct download link.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI… Our experience is that Illustrator changes DXF files upon opening. It adds a "stroke" and "fill" object for each path regardless of the original content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

I am using Windows 10 and using Illustrator CC with the latest updates.

Unfortunately I can not share the file due to it being a proprietary part.

I am able to load in the file. I do scale it down due to it coming in at 400" if I bring it in true to size.

I am able to see the layers and all of the information correctly on my screen as it should be.

It is when I go to export the file and the other team members try to open the file to view it that the information is lost.

It's a blue print for a part. There are 5 layers when I open it in Illustrator.

Everything stays like it should but the layer that has the verbiage also has the part design on it.

I've tried creating a new layer and changing the same layer with in itself. But each time I export it the Part design gets deleted and all the measurements and everything else remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it happening with this particular file or on other files as well? Can you create a sample file with non-confidential data and share it with us along with the workflow?

Note: By default, white strokes or fills in Illustrator artwork are exported to the AutoCAD formats as black strokes or fills; and black strokes or fills in Illustrator are exported to the AutoCAD format as white.

For more details please refer to this help article: How to export artwork in Illustrator.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Srishti, 

i am having a similar issue with exporting to DXF. Is there a way to change the default export colors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines