Highlighted

Exporting file with gradient (color to opacity) from Ai to PNG

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm working with a character in Ai and she needs a light on her body going from cyan to transparency. I need to export most of her body parts in different layers, including this light. The issue is when I export the layer to png, it doesn't look the same. I've also tried from PSD to PNG-8, PNG-24, exporting for web, but still not the same.

In Ai didn't apply any kind of effect, apart from the gradient

Please help! 😞

To the left, the file in Ai, and the right, the character with its layers in PNG

This is how it looks in AiThis is how it looks in AiThis is how it resoult exported as PNGThis is how it resoult exported as PNG

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

It simply looks like you are using some blending mode, which of course will be lost when you export the layer separately because the underlying pixels that determine the result of the blending operation chnage or disappear entirely. That's just math. If that's indeed the case, you need to forego such trickery and re-create the effect using normal mode or by manually flattening the blending operatrion against whatever color you deem appropriate.

Mylenium

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Import and export, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting file with gradient (color to opacity) from Ai to PNG

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm working with a character in Ai and she needs a light on her body going from cyan to transparency. I need to export most of her body parts in different layers, including this light. The issue is when I export the layer to png, it doesn't look the same. I've also tried from PSD to PNG-8, PNG-24, exporting for web, but still not the same.

In Ai didn't apply any kind of effect, apart from the gradient

Please help! 😞

To the left, the file in Ai, and the right, the character with its layers in PNG

This is how it looks in AiThis is how it looks in AiThis is how it resoult exported as PNGThis is how it resoult exported as PNG

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

It simply looks like you are using some blending mode, which of course will be lost when you export the layer separately because the underlying pixels that determine the result of the blending operation chnage or disappear entirely. That's just math. If that's indeed the case, you need to forego such trickery and re-create the effect using normal mode or by manually flattening the blending operatrion against whatever color you deem appropriate.

Mylenium

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Import and export, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 04, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2020 0