Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting from Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am currently trying to export specific dimensions from illustrator for print (e.g 2.5" x 6.5"). They export fine to pdf however not to the dimensions I wish! I do not have PDF reader so the file is opened up online which is fine but when I print the size is not correct. Is there an easy way to fix this? I tried exporting to jpeg too and that is great until I go to print. I'm new to illustrator so it could well be something simple I am missing. Thanks in advance for your help! 

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should save-as a PDF from Illustrator, the default settings are usually fine for print purposes. The PDF will be the same size as the Illustrator art board, unless bleed and/or crop marks are added. Here is a definition of bleed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleed_(printing)

You can download the free Adobe Reader which will indicate the overall PDF size in the lower left corner of the screen.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

Open the PDF and print from Reader, when printing, choose 100% (not fit-to-page).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the PDF reader and chose 100% and it worked! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is your doucument side set to 2.5" x 6.5"? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep and for images exporting it at 300 ppi. For printing PDFs,  I have the solution but not for JPEGs. JPEGs are still printing not true to scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can we see your artboard and the .pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you open your jpeg in Photoshop, it would probably print at 100%. May I ask why you want to print a jpeg when you have a perfectly good PDF saved from Illustrator? Vector PDFs are generally superior to raster PDFs (jpegs), either printed individually or when linked to other documents. If you want to create a web jpeg, the size in pixels is the critical unit, not ppi. From Illustrator, go to File> Export> Save for Web (Legacy).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines