Exporting graphics for the Web - why do they always look bitmapped??

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been bugging me for a long time now and I'm ready to reach out to a commuity of people who really know Illustrator. I have been a website designer for many years. But I rarely use Illustrator. I've started using it to create name + image sort of logos to put in the top banner of websites. 

I am frustrated because it seems like I lose so much quality when I export for screens. I really notice a bitmap or fuzzy edge. Is it just me noticing something no one else would? 

I need to use JPG or PNG. These are all Wordpress sites so using SVG isn't an easy option. And I don't want it to be. I just want a JPG or PNG that looks good. I for sure am exporting at a 1x scale. 

Any ideas? I feel like I must just be missing a simple setting. Has anyone else experienced this?

What is the right way to export a logo from Illustrator to use in a space up to 100 pixels high as a JPG or PNG? 

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!!

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100 pixels just is not very large.

PNG and JPG are raster images, so you have to expect pixels.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I totally agree with the point raised by Monika. PNG at 100PX won't be crisp, however, you may try the suggestions shared on this page ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-save-high-quality-images-jpegs-pngs-from-illustrat... ) and let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines