Exporting huge .png runs into problem

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I am getting the following error when trying to export an SVG as .png

"The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error [!now]

I assume is related to the size of the document as if I decrease the size successively at some point the export works. However, I need those huge .pngs and decreasing the size is unfortunalty not (always) an option. 

The SVGs contains vectorized maps. The resulting png should be converted into single map tiles that will be used within a map based application. As the area covered by the SVG could be up to 7x7 kilometers we need PNGs with a size up to 50Kx50K to get the resolution we need. 
The current export via AI works for exports up to about 25Kx25K. Even if that is already huge unfortunatly it is not huge enough and just gives us 25 % of the size we need.

Is there a way to exports PNGs of that size using AI (mayba alos via a command line)? 
Maybe at the endo of the day it turns out that AI is not the right tool for that. In that case, do you know a tool that allows those kind of exports?

Best regards

Axel

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting huge .png runs into problem

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I am getting the following error when trying to export an SVG as .png

"The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error [!now]

I assume is related to the size of the document as if I decrease the size successively at some point the export works. However, I need those huge .pngs and decreasing the size is unfortunalty not (always) an option. 

The SVGs contains vectorized maps. The resulting png should be converted into single map tiles that will be used within a map based application. As the area covered by the SVG could be up to 7x7 kilometers we need PNGs with a size up to 50Kx50K to get the resolution we need. 
The current export via AI works for exports up to about 25Kx25K. Even if that is already huge unfortunatly it is not huge enough and just gives us 25 % of the size we need.

Is there a way to exports PNGs of that size using AI (mayba alos via a command line)? 
Maybe at the endo of the day it turns out that AI is not the right tool for that. In that case, do you know a tool that allows those kind of exports?

Best regards

Axel

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 17, 2020 0

Have something to add?