• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting paths to new ai file

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created several graphics with paths that will eventually be cut out. I then placed the graphics into a new file so that I could send a composite file to the workshop. Unfortunately when I place the various graphics into the composite file the paths are no longer visible. I have uploaded the results below. I would be grateful for any help

Thanks

Paul

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

oezgol,

Attatchments fail to work, please use the Insert Photos button for live images in the post.

What happens if you Copy from elsewhere (Ctrl/Cmd+C), then paste in the document (Ctrl/Cmd+F or V or B)?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

oezgol,

The second version of each looks as if it is shown in View>Outline, which could be cured by toggling Ctrl/Cmd+Y to get Preview.

But I believe you may find that there can be unecessary and possibly troublesome Clipping Masks in the the artwork, and that the Place will fail completely if the source document is saved without ticking the PDF compatible file option

In other words, I am afraid you have actually been inserting the PDF versions (which can be simplified/inferior).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oezgol,

Attatchments fail to work, please use the Insert Photos button for live images in the post.

What happens if you Copy from elsewhere (Ctrl/Cmd+C), then paste in the document (Ctrl/Cmd+F or V or B)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for reaching out. That does seem to work. Previously I had used the PLACE command. I have uploaded the images nevertheless

Clipboard01.jpgClipboard02.jpgClipboard03.jpgClipboard04.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oezgol,

The second version of each looks as if it is shown in View>Outline, which could be cured by toggling Ctrl/Cmd+Y to get Preview.

But I believe you may find that there can be unecessary and possibly troublesome Clipping Masks in the the artwork, and that the Place will fail completely if the source document is saved without ticking the PDF compatible file option

In other words, I am afraid you have actually been inserting the PDF versions (which can be simplified/inferior).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines