Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting PNG canvas with the same Aspect ratio

Contributor ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi forum.

I have some Assets exported of a rotating line. In the Assets panel it shows as if there's a sqaure canvas with the same square ratio. How ever, when I go the folder, the aspect ratio isnt the same, the PNG images are exported cropped. Is there a way to maintian the aspect ratio? 

Thank you.

Aspect-Ratio.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Inquestflash,

You can:

1) Create the first tick mark (as you have at the top left in your first screenshot), then create a nostroke/nofill circle round the centre of rotation (which you know, of course, as the basis for the whole set) extending at least to end outer end of the tick mark, then Group them;

2) Export;

3) For each following tick mark, rotate the Group from 1) by the angle between tick marks (360/number for a full round).

3), or 2) - 3) can be done with a script, or (maybe) an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview is square, because that's just the shape of all of those icons in there.

If you want to have square exported PNGs, you would have to export them as artboards. Are they on different artboards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Monika.

Yes, the art boards is what needs to maintain the aspect ration, how ever it's a tedious method, and would like to ask you if there is another way to speed up this type of process. As you can see in my example:

1) I have released to layers sequence

2) Duplicated the artboards as many frames required.

3) Individually deleted each Black Bar on each artboard, since it only needs one bar for each frame

4)  Then exported the artboards to maintain the correct size. 

Althoug this did work, I can say, what if I was required to do 100 frames of an animation?... Is there a quicker way within Illustrator or some 3rd party plugin? Or my best option is an animation software?

Thank you.

MonExampleSAmpledsf3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inquestflash,

You can:

1) Create the first tick mark (as you have at the top left in your first screenshot), then create a nostroke/nofill circle round the centre of rotation (which you know, of course, as the basis for the whole set) extending at least to end outer end of the tick mark, then Group them;

2) Export;

3) For each following tick mark, rotate the Group from 1) by the angle between tick marks (360/number for a full round).

3), or 2) - 3) can be done with a script, or (maybe) an action.

Generally, to rotate you can set a centre of rotation instead of the circle, but in a case like this I believe the circle is much simpler, easier, and safer to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That certainly did save the day.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Inquestflash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines