Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting sketches from Illustrator to JPEG

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All

I hope that soneone with colour knowledge can help me. I Do all my design sketches in Illustrator usually make a print file from pdf that works great for both print and sceen colour. I have a Pantone colour programme and use the Textile colours on my screen and they work OK. They are CMYK values.

Now we are stying to make a lookbook from a system that can only take JPEG images. I am exporting each colour sketch via the Export selection as then I don't get the whole artboard. For them to look not too difused I save them in 300ppi but still they are not sharp and the colours change quite a bit especially on the more douce, pastel colours. I use Pantone TCX colours in the system. Anyone have an idea on what else I could do to keep the screen colours as they look in Illustrator.

Any suggestions Welcome, Sara, Fashion Designer

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Maybe the system does not like cmyk jpegs.

What happens if you convert your cmyk files to sRGB and export to jpeg?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the system does not like cmyk jpegs.

What happens if you convert your cmyk files to sRGB and export to jpeg?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton

Not Sure. I'll check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton

Jepp that helped. And of course I should have thought of that since it's for screens.

Thanks again.

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that helped, Sara.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is color management set up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monica

Not sure How do I check that?

Regards Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't know how to check it then obviously it's not been set up. Or at least not appropriately.

Please learn about color management. You need to, otherwise you might not even understand what everyone is talking about in their answers.

This is just a tiny bit of the basics. There is much much more than that: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/setting-color-management.html

(color management is basically the same in the Adobe applications)

And please tell us what exactly you have been doing step by step and at which point it exactly went wrong in exactly which way. Do the numbers change or just how the color looks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Monika

I'll check  the basics and revert with a step by step on what I did and what went wrong.

Regards Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika

Figured it out, I needed to save my colour sketches as sRGB's as it's for Screens not for paper print. That helps now colours looks the same. And thanks again for the colour management lesson / Link. I'll check before I ask next time.

Regards Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines