• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting vectors with an effect in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I export just the selection of a circle that has an effect added to it from Illustrator?

I'm trying to export just a circle that I have added an effect to -

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 2.35.47 PM.png

Effect > Distort & Transform > Pucker & Bloat

When I choose the option "Export Selection", it shows in the preview as being correct:

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 2.37.19 PM.png

But when I preview it in the Finder folder and also place it into a InDesign document it appears like this as just the circle minus the effect:

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 2.39.40 PM.png

How do I export just the selection of a circle that has an effect added to it from Illustrator?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Looks like a bug that has been mentioned before.

I could find this at Uservoice, but they don't have enough votes to trigger action.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/40092373-bug-svg-export-problem

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/38994874-saving-as-an-svg-file-the-part-that-should-be-the

It is easy to create with ovals or rectangles with a Pucker and Bloat effect applied, even when the appear

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi first you need to convert this effect to final shape using expand appearance from object menu....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's still showing us just a circle when I export it..

It's showing as the shape now in illustrator and in the preview before I export it -

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 5.12.30 PM.png

But once it's in my documents it's still a circle

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 5.10.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm Samantha's result. I drew an ellipse, applied pucker, expanded, exported asset as svg, which yielded an ellipse. I applied bloat to the ellipse, expanded, exported, got an ellipse. I drew an arc, reflected vertically, reflected both horizontally, joined all, yielding the four-pointed concave star shape, exported as svg, and got an ellipse. Not a solution, I know, but it's not a unique occurrence. Is it a characteristic of svg, or a bug?

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like a bug that has been mentioned before.

I could find this at Uservoice, but they don't have enough votes to trigger action.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/40092373-bug-sv...

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/38994874-saving...

It is easy to create with ovals or rectangles with a Pucker and Bloat effect applied, even when the appearance is expanded.

Screenshot 2021-01-23 at 15.30.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines