Extra white space when I export images in Illustrator cs6

May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get rid of the white border around my images when I export? I have tried making a clipping mask but for some reason when I export to a picture format I get this weird white uneven border around the images that wasn't there before I exported it.

When exporting images from illustrator, you must always select "Use Artboards" when the export dialogue pops up.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Extra white space when I export images in Illustrator cs6

May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get rid of the white border around my images when I export? I have tried making a clipping mask but for some reason when I export to a picture format I get this weird white uneven border around the images that wasn't there before I exported it.

When exporting images from illustrator, you must always select "Use Artboards" when the export dialogue pops up.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 16, 2012 4
May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yepp.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2012 15
Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2016 15
Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my life

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2016 0
Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

saved my life too

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2017 0
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2017 0
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. I love you!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2017 0
Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheers a life saver. But a further question... what does Illustrator think its exporting before i click that option - there's no content in the white space. hmmm puzzled

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2018 0
Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a lifesaver in 2020! Cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2020 0
Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah.. You are such a life saver.

Thanks Alot

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2016 0
Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should explain that in its "Export" help page; I am fortunate to have found this thread after wasting much time

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2017 1
Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matth86069857  schrieb

white boarder is still there!

Is the artboard aligned to the pixel grid?

You might want to fix your attitude and your spelling. You're not talking to Adobe here, but to people who try to help you in their spare time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2017 1
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 0
Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've been spending sooo much time trying to figure out what the heck is going on. You're AMAZING!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2017 0
Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using AI CS6 on MacOS Sierra and I'm not seeing a box to check "Use Artboards". Ugh! What am I doing wrong?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2018 0
Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind. I figured it out. I had to reduce the export box to see the "Use Artboards" option. Thanks for the original solution!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2018 0
Resources