Extracting a single item from an illustration

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you extract a single item out of a whole illustration? I have a doodle-style illustration with many elements and I am trying to isolate each item to use in other products, and I can't copy them with their color fill. When I try to copy an item, it copies just the stroke, which on its own has a fill (but I don't want that, I just want the stroke in black and to be able to color the whole element OR copy it with the colors it already has). I have one single layer for the whole illustration. For example, there is an illustration of an umbrella and it's filled in yellow. Any help would be appreciated in this! Thank you

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Extracting a single item from an illustration

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you extract a single item out of a whole illustration? I have a doodle-style illustration with many elements and I am trying to isolate each item to use in other products, and I can't copy them with their color fill. When I try to copy an item, it copies just the stroke, which on its own has a fill (but I don't want that, I just want the stroke in black and to be able to color the whole element OR copy it with the colors it already has). I have one single layer for the whole illustration. For example, there is an illustration of an umbrella and it's filled in yellow. Any help would be appreciated in this! Thank you

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 27, 2020 0
Simmer1 LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It would be great if you could post a screenshot of your Layers Palette.

Also look at you appearance Palette that will let you know whats going on with each shape in regards to stroke, fills and transparency, no colour...

Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 14.04.03.png 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 0
Resources