• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye dropper does not apply correct cmyk color in text Illustrator 25.1 - Mac OS 11.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I have a 100k text.

I pick from a letter with eye dropper: color picked appears to be 100k.

I apply the picked color/aspect on a different part of the text: the colored applied is not 100k any more. It results to be a composed "rich" black color.

No way changing different options in preferences relevant to "rich black output", in the aspect panel.

This is a real pitfall, since I fortunately realized the composition of the black viweing color selections, but at first sight you can hardly distinguish what actually happened.

I really hope this is not a bug, because things are getting kinda frustrating here with plenty operational bugs for pro users.

Thanks for reading and replying

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the document is a CMYK document?

Can you please show the appearance panel with the relevant parts highlighted so we can see what you are seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the file was a CMYK one. Here you are: I recorded a video of the screen

https://vimeo.com/502946939

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can youplease select those 2 text objects: where youare picking from and where youare applying to and then show the appearance panel of each of them?

Without any explanation, video is not helpful at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that in the video you can see that I pick from a word in text block, and apply onto a different word, within the same text block: I pick from the word "contains" (which is bold), and apply to the word "crumbled". After that, you can see that the whole of the text block it is not 100k any more: the word "crumbled" becomes a composite rich black.

Well, actually I see that it happens only in specific files, where the text was originally picked from Words files (even though it was set to 100k in Illustrator CMYK file). This odd beahaviuor seems not to occur with native Illustrator text blocks, so I am bound to think it is a minor problem, and not actually a bug.

Odd behaviuor, nevertheless...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Word files have RGB 000 applied, because Word is RGB only.

Maybe also a text style has been created and it interferes.

Apart from that: applying color is way easier with styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines