Eye dropper question

Participant ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I am tracing a jpeg image and using the eye dropper tool to create the paths' fills, to mimick the original color, very often the tool produces a somewhat less-saturated color. So I then have to manually go to the color pallette on my own to revise it to my desired hue. Quite time-consuming.

If I am tracing two areas of a jpeg file with very simalar colors, the eye dropper tool often produces one identical color. This brings me with the following question: Does the eye dropper tool have a database of its own, with a reduced number of colors within the viewable color pallette? And if yes, how many increments, both the X axis and the Y axis, does the color pallette contain on any given one on the color slider?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Sand Patch

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Eye dropper question

Participant ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I am tracing a jpeg image and using the eye dropper tool to create the paths' fills, to mimick the original color, very often the tool produces a somewhat less-saturated color. So I then have to manually go to the color pallette on my own to revise it to my desired hue. Quite time-consuming.

If I am tracing two areas of a jpeg file with very simalar colors, the eye dropper tool often produces one identical color. This brings me with the following question: Does the eye dropper tool have a database of its own, with a reduced number of colors within the viewable color pallette? And if yes, how many increments, both the X axis and the Y axis, does the color pallette contain on any given one on the color slider?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Sand Patch

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, maybe is the configuration, if you double click the eye dropper tool you will see the options, maybe is the raster samble size

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
Resources